Sunday, June 12, 2011
Bon Iver, 'Bon Iver'
No, I'm not being redundant. Maybe Bon Iver is, though?
My buddy Blake emailed me the link to this album, and I'm in love with it after listening straight through the whole thing. I love the colors, textures, lines, timbres, etc. If you like ambient-esque music, but hate the obscurity of the genre, this album might suit you; it's ambience with a purpose. And not every track makes you want to go light up a joint and stare at the stars, either (ala 'Explosions in the Sky'). There's a good balance and variety between all of the tracks.
I'm not going to pretend like I'm too familiar with Iver, himself, because I'm not. But I do know that I LOVE this album.
You can listen to it in its entireity FOR FREE on NPR's radio station:
NPR.org: Bon Iver, 'Bon Iver'
And my favorite track from the album, after my first listen through it:
'Minnesota, WI' - Bon Iver
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i'm at mom and dad's, and the speakers don't work on this computer!! i'm bummed because i really want to listen to this one...i'll check it out when i go back to zach's :) will i "like" it?
ReplyDeleteIt is "like" worthy.
ReplyDeletei do like it...and also i want more posts from you!! :)
ReplyDelete